Download CDN Plugin
1. Download the CDN Plugin (www.nonumber.nl/extensions/cdnforjoomla).
2. Now, go to Joomla website to the administration area and open Extensions. Then click on Extension Manager.
3. Click Choose file and select the file you just downloaded.
4. Click on Extensions again and then choose Plug-in Manager.
5. Now, search for ‘cdn’ and select the CDN Joomla plugin you installed.
6. Open Basic Options.
7. Copy your Hostname from CDNlion™ Dashboard in the CDN Domain field (in this example cdn.viacaroli.cz).
See steps 8. – 11. for more details.
8. You should have already setup a website (resource) using CDNlion™ Dashboard. The setup provided you with a CNAME which has been set to pull the content from your domain. Open CDNlion™ Dashboard (app.cdnlion.com) to get your unique Hostname.
9. When you open Dashboard, find the website (resource) you are trying to configure and click Manage.
10. You will see Information on how to set up DNS right away. Under number 3 you should see the Hostname (Name) you’ve already set up and a unique CNAME code (Value).
11. Now copy the Hostname (Name), in this example cdn.viacaroli.cz, and go back to Joomla and paste it in the CDN Domain field.
12. Select all the file types you want to use with the CDN, for example choosing CSS will spread your style sheets across the network of servers, resulting in user requests pulling those files from the CDN instead of the hosting server.
13. Awesome, you’re done! To check if everything is working go to your CDN host name (from step 10), choose an asset (like an image), right-click on it and select inspect the element. You will see the code of this asset being sources from your hostname – like for example cdn.viacaroli.cz/image.jpg instead of www.viacaroli.cz/image.jpg.